Vanguard Personal Investor company accounts are available to unlisted (private) proprietary companies that meet the following criteria:
- The company must be solely a tax resident of Australia.
- The company isn’t controlled by a foreign person(s).
- The company shareholders comprise solely of individual persons residing in Australia.
- The company has no more than 10 company officers (directors and company secretary) associated to the company.
- The company isn’t an investment platform, a custodian, or a regulated entity or institution holding an Australian Financial Services Licence for the purposes of undertaking investment activities on behalf of others.
You can open a Vanguard Personal Investor company account on behalf of a company if you are a director of the company or the company secretary, and if you have an Australian mobile number, Australian residential address and email address.
At this stage authorised representatives (other than company officers) can’t be granted access to a company account.
Yes. A maximum of 10 company officers (directors and company secretary) can be added.
All company officers must be a signatory to the account and consent to the application. Each signatory will be sent a digital invitation to onboard once the primary applicant has completed the company account application process and all identity verification checks are finalised.
Vanguard Personal Investor company accounts are available to private registered charities operating through a company structure. The service isn’t available to charities of other entity types such as trusts, associations, or partnerships.
All company officers will have digital online access to the Vanguard Personal Investor company account.
No. However, it is acceptable if the director who’s located overseas is an Australian resident and has an Australian mobile number that can be used for two-factor authentication purposes. Companies with foreign persons as directors, controlling persons or shareholders are not accepted.
In most circumstances, no documents will need to be supplied, as identity verification will be performed electronically, based on the information included on the Company Application Form.
If certified identification documents are required for company officers, beneficial owners or controllers, these documents will need to be submitted by the primary applicant (person who initiated the application).
Identity verification of the company will also be performed electronically. In situations where electronic verification of the company is unsuccessful, we’ll need the latest ASIC extract.