Calculate your yearly fee
Compare our fees to other leading super funds with the ATO MySuper comparison tool.
- This calculator only works for investment options with a 0.58% yearly fee.
- The amount is an estimate. The estimated costs are based on Vanguard Super’s most current PDS and/or a reasonable estimate of costs for the Vanguard Super Lifecycle option. Actual costs may vary from year to year.
- This calculator doesn’t include insurance premiums or buy/sell spreads on member-initiated transactions and assumes no contributions or withdrawals over the year.
- If you invest in an investment option other than the Vanguard Super Lifecycle investment option, the investment fees and costs and transaction costs may differ. See our Product Disclosure Statement for further details.
- This calculation doesn’t take into account your objectives, financial situation, taxation circumstances or needs. Before you act on any calculation, please consider your personal circumstances.
**Tip: Check your current super's Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) or your annual statement.
Yearly fees and costs explained
Administration fees and costs are 0.30% of your account balance per year up to $850,000. They cover the general cost of managing your account and you’ll see them listed as monthly transactions in your account activity. You won't be charged this fee on the portion of your balance that exceeds $850,000. If your account balance is less than $6,000 at the end of the financial year, your administration and investment fees will be capped at 3% of your account balance. Any amount charged over that cap must be refunded.
There is an additional fee of 0.05% of your account balance per year used to fund the Operational Risk Financial Requirement (ORFR) and you’ll see this listed as monthly transactions in your account activity called the Administration Fee - ORFR. For more information on the ORFR, refer to the Your super guide.
Investment fees and costs vary depending on your investment option and are deducted from investment returns before they’re applied to your account. They’re incurred on a daily basis as we manage your investments. You can find these fees and costs detailed in your annual account statement.
Transaction costs can also vary depending on your investment option, ranging between 0.00% to 0.03% of your account balance per year. They reflect the day-to-day cost of buying and selling assets for your account, are incurred throughout the year and are deducted from investment returns before they’re applied to your account. For more details on transaction costs for each investment option, refer to the Your super guide.
When you make a contribution to your account, withdraw from your account or switch between investment options, you’ll be charged a cost for your transaction. This is due to the buy/sell spread incurred for the underlying investments and can range between 0.00% and 0.13% of your account balance. These costs are included in the valuation of the Fund’s underlying investments and are deducted from your returns before they reach your account. Your activity fees depend on your investment option and the number of transactions you're making each day. You can find them explained in your annual account statement.
Helpful documents & forms
Vanguard Super SaveSmart Product Disclosure Statement
A summary of key information about investing in Vanguard Super SaveSmart. Everything from how we invest your money, our fees and costs, to how your super is taxed.
Your super guide
A detailed guide to managing your Vanguard Super SaveSmart account. Learn about making contributions, accessing your money, nominating beneficiaries, as well as fees and costs, and tax.
Insurance in your super
Learn more about insurance through your Vanguard Super SaveSmart account, including types of cover, eligibility, costs, changing or cancelling cover, and how to claim.
Your questions, answered
We want you to always be clear about exactly how much you’re paying for your super. Your yearly fee is all mapped out for you on Vanguard Online - including what portion of your fee goes to admin, transaction and investment costs.
For example, if you have $50,000 in the Vanguard MySuper (Lifecycle) investment option, you’ll have:
- Administration fees and costs equivalent to 0.35% of your account balance per year
- Investment fees and costs equivalent to 0.21% of your account balance per year
- Transaction costs equivalent to 0.02% of your account balance per year.
Therefore, for a balance of $50,000 in the Vanguard MySuper (Lifecycle) investment option at the beginning of the year, you will be charged or have deducted from your investment, fees and costs of $290 for that year.
Note that additional fees may apply. For example, if you invest in investment options other than Vanguard MySuper (Lifecycle), the investment fees and costs and transaction costs may be different to those shown in the example above.
More details are available in the ‘Fees and costs’ information in Your super guide.
In addition, if you want to see how our MySuper fees stack up against the competition, use the ATO’s YourSuper comparison tool.
Administration fees are deducted from your super account every month. You’ll see them listed clearly as monthly transactions in your record of account activity available via Vanguard Online. (Also, it’s good to know you won’t pay any admin fees on the portion of your super account above $850,000.)