We demonstrate this commitment throughout the employment lifecycle by ensuring that our practices and processes are designed to promote inclusion and equal opportunity, and to remove barriers and bias.
Working towards gender equality is one way that we put our core values of integrity, focus and stewardship into action. It is in our client’s best interests that we attract and retain the best talent to Vanguard and give our people a ‘fair go’ so that we can deliver the best outcomes to our investors.
Vanguard also reports annually to the Australian Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA).
We do this by:
- Raising accessibility awareness
- Educating crew
- Documenting best practices
- Advocating for process improvements
- Championing and validating the implementation of accessibility guidelines
Vanguard leaders and crew recognise it is the actions we take with one another every day that create this environment where crew members feel valued and safe from discrimination.
We are committed to creating this inclusive culture by supporting the diverse strengths, backgrounds, experiences, and identities that our crew and clients bring to the organisation.
We believe that our crew feel valued and form stronger connections when we:
- Seek to understand and learn about one another through genuine dialogue
- Respect differing viewpoints and experiences
- Listen to others in a way that leaves them feeling heard and respected
- Express empathy for the challenges faced and experiences of others
- Are curious and entertain new ways of thinking so that we can learn from others and grow personally and professionally
- Celebrate the many dimensions of diversity that all crew members bring to the workplace